Sunday 19 January 2014

CX...not done yet!

Despite the fact that the CX Nationals are behind us, and some regional leagues have actually inished, Naked Bikes / Hai Bike / Impsport riders are still out there in the cold and wet, racing CX.

This weekend saw Josh and Rich in action at Chetwynd Barracks in Nottingham, for Round 14 of the NDCXL.

The course was one of the toughest of the season, with a lot of climbs and some tough muddy sections, but this was balanced out by the great descents and technical features.

Both Josh and Rich pulled good performances out of the bag.

Josh took first place junior, and despite starting a minute back on the seniors, rode through their field to take a superb 8th overall as well.

Josh: "Saturdays race was a revival of hope for me, after technical problems at the National Championships the weekend before ended my national series on a low. I carried the form I had into this weekend and it paid off, winning the junior and finishing 8th senior from a minute behind. A good day out racing. "

Rich started well in the Vets, leading the field for most of the first lap, and ended up taking 4th vet.

Rich: "I didn't think I'd have much in me today, so was rather surprised to end up leading for a while. I couldn't hold the pace required to stay away though, and slipped back to third. Riding into a back marker cost me that place, but I was pleased overall with 4th - my best result all season."

Yes, skinnier AND paler as the CX season progresses....(Photo courtesy Mr Kong)

No comments:

Post a Comment