Saturday 6 July 2013

Vos? Froome? No...it's Towers!

Given the fact that for many people bike racing at the moment only involves their sofa and TV, it's comforting to know that some people are out there doing it for real, and even better to know that it's one of Naked Bikes' own, Nick Towers.

Nick continued his reign as podium king at last night's FNSS at Rockingham with a superb second place. Despite pre-races photos of the wide open, gravel course suggesting that skin suits and pointed hats might be in order, MTBs were apparently required.


As is now becoming the norm, here's Nick's race account in his own words.
"I got a decent start but soon got gapped into 3rd place by a couple of the Vet power-riders. I pushed on hard for a couple of laps before it became clear I wasn't going to make the bridge. The 2nd place Vet pulled out with a mechanical gifting me 2nd place. There was a decent gap to 3rd so was able to form a decent paced duo with the 3rd place Grand Vet and cruised home 2nd. I managed to chew the gravel on one last lap corner, but that fuelled me sufficiently to catch back to the Grand Vet and out sprint him on the finish straight. I don't think he was too thrilled to be out sprinted but age counts for nothing - Vets and Grand Vets are all old men on a mission! "






Once again sir, Chapeau!

No comments:

Post a Comment