Sunday 18 August 2013

FNSS - the final standings!

The Friday Night Summer Series has been the subject of a number of blog posts here this season, with various team members racing these excellent grass roots events.

The series results are now finalised, with some great results for Naked Bikes team members.

  • New team member Mark Proudman - 2nd Senior
  • Team Director Paul 17th Senior
  • Chris Gregory 22nd Senior
  • Last but by no means least, Nick Towers took 2nd Vet!


Given the number of blog posts devoted to Nick's successes recently at FNSS, it's no surprise to learn that the series was one of his key season goals.

"I'd targeted a top 5 for the series and felt confident of 5th! After delivering a handful of strong results in June and early July I managed to capitalise on some non-starts and DNFs of a couple of the faster Vets. Taking helper points from organising the Mallory round with team-mate Andy I found myself as Vet series leader with only 4 rounds from 12 to go. I knew Lloyd Bettles could win the series by completing 3 more rounds in the top 3, which he did, but calculated top 5 finishes for me would probably hold 2nd place overall. 

So a 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 5th did the job. Yes I'd have preferred better than 6th and 5th to finish things off, but I was beaten by faster riders on each occasion and gave everything I had on the course. I'm a happy man getting 2nd Vet overall for the team. The training plan has paid off well. Thanks to Paul for the go faster team kit - it really does work! Now to focus on the endurance end of season."

Good work everyone!

It's all about those trophies!

No comments:

Post a Comment